Section 6: Privacy notice and learner declaration
Collection of your personal information
As a registered training organisation (RTO), MHCC collect your personal information so we can process and manage your enrolment in a vocational education and training (VET) course with us.
The information provided by you in this application form is collected by MHCC (RTO #91296) and will be used for the purpose of general participant administration, planning and communication. The information contained herein may be provided to Governmental agencies that fund and/or accredit this course. The provision of this information is essential to determine your eligibility for a place in an MHCC course. Information provided will be held securely.
Use of your personal information
MHCC use your personal information to enable us to deliver VET courses to you, and otherwise, as needed, to comply with our obligations as an RTO.
Disclosing your personal information
Under the National Vocational Education and Training Regulator Act 2011(Cth) (NVETR Act), MHCC is required to disclose the personal information we collect about you to the National VET Data Collection kept by the National Centre for Vocational Education Research Ltd (NCVER). The NCVER is responsible for collecting, managing, analysing and communicating research and statistics about the Australian VET sector. We are also authorised by law (under the NVETR Act) to disclose your personal information to the relevant state or territory training authority.
MHCC may disclose your personal information for these purposes to third parties, including:
· School – if you are a secondary student undertaking VET, including a school-based apprenticeship or traineeship
· Employer – if you are enrolled in training paid by your employer
· Commonwealth and State or Territory government departments and authorised agencies
· Organisations conducting student surveys
Personal information disclosed to NCVER may be used or disclosed for the following purposes:
· Issuing statements of attainment or qualification, and populating authenticated VET transcripts
How the NCVER and other bodies handle your personal information
The NCVER will collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with the law, including the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the NVETR Act. Your personal information may be used and disclosed by NCVER for purposes that include populating authenticated VET transcripts; administration of VET; facilitation of statistics and research relating to education, including surveys and data linkage; and understanding the VET market.
The NCVER is authorised to disclose information to the Australian Government Department of Education, Skills and Employment (DESE), Commonwealth authorities, State and Territory authorities (other than registered training organisations) that deal with matters relating to VET and VET regulators for the purposes of those bodies, including to enable:
· administration of VET, including program administration, regulation, monitoring and evaluation
· facilitation of statistics and research relating to education, including surveys and data linkage
· understanding how the VET market operates, for policy, workforce planning and consumer information.
The NCVER may also disclose personal information to persons engaged by NCVER to conduct research on NCVER’s behalf.
The NCVER does not intend to disclose your personal information to any overseas recipients.
If you would like to seek access to or correct your information, in the first instance, please contact your RTO using the contact details listed below.
DESE is authorised by law, including the Privacy Act and the NVETR Act, to collect, use and disclose your personal information to fulfil specified functions and activities. For more information about how the DESE will handle your personal information, please refer to the DESE VET Privacy Notice at https://www.dese.gov.au/national-vet-data/vet-privacy-notice.
You may receive a student survey which may be run by a government department or an NCVER employee, agent, third-party contractor or another authorised agency. Please note you may opt out of the survey at the time of being contacted.
Authority to View Documents
While you are undertaking your training program, there will be times when MHCC Inc and/or its training representative, needs to discuss your situation with others. This could be with your workplace supervisor/colleague, employer, workplace trainer, or Department of Education and Training. As part of our work there will also be a need to examine workplace samples to help assess your work against the training program requirements. Information may also be used by the Department of Education and Training for research, statistical analysis, program evaluation, post completion surveys, and internal management processes. Please be assured that any discussion held with these representatives will be for the purpose of your assessment and for your development. During the process we do not plan to discuss your evidence or work practices with other participants, unless we have your written permission to do so. You and your employer are required to give permission in writing for any of these discussions or viewing of evidences to occur and for samples of evidence and participant file information to be shared with MHCC Inc, as the Registered Training Organisation responsible for the training contract, or the Department of Education and Training.
Contact information At any time, you may contact MHCC to:
· request access to your personal information
· correct your personal information
· make a complaint about how your personal information has been handled
· ask a question about this Privacy Notice
For more information please refer to MHCC privacy and confidentiality policyHow to contact us
Complaints about breaches of privacy can be made directly to MHCC PO Box 668 Rozelle NSW 2039 02 9060 9627 email@example.com
By completing and signing this form, I understand and adhere to MHCC’s and NSW Department of Education and Training privacy policies. I understand that the government agencies may use my personal information for any purpose relating to the exercise of government functions, including but not limited to the evaluation and assessment of my training, determination of my eligibility to receiving subsidised training or fee exemptions or concessions. I give permission to MHCC Representative to discuss my training program development and evidences with my employer, supervisor, or Department of Education and Training and for the purpose of my application for the course. I also acknowledge that that the Department may contact me by telephone, email or post during or after I have ceased subsidised training with MHCC.
• I have completed a pre-training review, course induction over the phone, online or face to face and have contributed to the development of this document.
• I am aware of my responsibility to ensure that this document and its ongoing development is implemented and monitored over the duration of the course.
• That all details provided on this enrolment form are true and correct.
• That I have obtained a copy of MHCC Learner Handbook from the MHCC
• That I have read the MHCC Learner Handbook and understand my rights and obligations with respect to access and equity, privacy, access to records, payments of fees and refunds, course cancellation, and complaints and appeals.
• That I have been provided with adequate information about the course in which I am enrolling to enable me to make an informed choice.
I agree to:
• Abide by the policies and procedures of the Registered Training Organisation #91296 as detailed in the MHCC Learner Handbook.
• Provide information to MHCC prior to enrolment as requested to identify where special consideration of the learning and assessment process and support may be required to complete the course which I am undertaking.
• Advise MHCC of any issue (e.g. medical) that could affect my ability to complete the course in which I am enrolling.
• Conduct myself in a professional manner and respect MHCC staff and its clients.
• Complete and submit all assessments in accordance with the course requirements and MHCC policies and procedures for assessments.
• Pay all course fees when due, where applicable